Jay Allan Green
May 23, 1941 - December 28, 2018
Service Date: January 7, 2019
Jay Allan Green, 77, of Fairview Heights, Illinois, born Friday, May 23, 1941, in East Liverpool, OH, passed away Friday, December 28, 2018 at Barnes-Jewish Hospital in Saint Louis, Missouri.
Jay was a Major in the U.S. Air Force 20 years serving in the Vietnam War and at Scott Air Force Base. As a civil servant, he worked 30+ years for the Department of Defense at Boeing. He was a member of Holy Trinity Catholic Church in Fairview Heights Illinois, and a member of the Choir. He was also a member of the Sierra Club and the Gateway Riders.
He was preceded in death by his:
- Parents: John and Marjorie, nee Strayer, Green
- Brother: Timothy Green
Surviving are his:
- Wife: Karen nee Thomas, Green of Fairview Heights, IL
- Patrick (Laura) Green of Portland, OR
- Matthew (Catherine) Green of Woodside, CA
- Jason (Terri) Green of St. Louis, MO
- Robert Green of Orlando, FL
- Christopher (Kathy) Green of Pittsburgh, PA
- Sister: Marjorie (Dana) Opp of Portersville, PA
- 3 Grandchildren: Miriam, Stella and Hugo
- Dear Nieces: Erin,Caitlin, Rachel and Sarah
Memorials: Memorials may be made to the Pancreatic Cancer Action Network, pancan.org
Visitation: Visitation from 11:30 am – 12:30 pm, Monday, January 7, 2019 at Kurrus Funeral Home in Belleville, Illinois.
Funeral: Funeral Services will be held at 12:30 pm, Monday, January 7, 2019 at Kurrus Funeral Home. Interment will follow with honors at Jefferson Barracks National Cemetery, St. Louis, Missouri.